Following the completion of the first phase of Chelsea Waterfront and as residents start to occupy the West tower, Claydon House, Chartwell House and Compton House, the focus for construction has now begun on the opposite side of Chelsea Creek, with the East Tower and Rotunda now progressing well.
What was for many years a forgotten, run down industrial site, is being transformed into 706 homes, a variety of shops, restaurants and bars. The banks of the creek will be connected by three pedestrian bridges, providing a new 600 metre section of Thames riverside walkway.
The East Tower at 25 storeys is not as tall as the West Tower at 37 storeys, however the apartments still enjoy the same amazing views with either a river aspect or view of Chelsea Creek and the Lots Road Power Station. All apartments will also gain access to the planned facilities and amenities which can be seen below:
Whilst J.Reddington Ltd. works are progressing well with cladding now underway on the East Tower, work is ongoing concurrently on The Metropolitan Building, which was the former Lots Road Power Station. Internally the building will house 193 apartments and will accommodate shops, restaurants and cafes, along a 100 metre mall at ground floor level.
The Power Station was the largest power station in the UK between 1905 and 1916 and operated to provide power for the London Underground. Operating originally as a coal fired station and then converted to oil and then finally gas, the power station ran for nearly 100 years, before being decommissioned in 2002. Below are a few images, to show the decaying state of the power station prior to the planned renovation works.
Knight Frank and Savills are appointed to market the apartments, further information can be found here; https://www.chelseawaterfront.com/