Planning Decision Awaited for Capital House, Southwark Student Accommodation Scheme

Southwark Council are expected to shortly decide whether to grant Greystar Capital planning for their development at the former Capital House at 40-46 Weston Street in Southwark, London.

The proposals include the demolition of Capital House and the construction of a 39 storey (3 basement levels, mezzanine and 38 storeys) to a maximum height of 137.9m AOD. This will provide accommodation for 905 student rooms, plus flexible retail, cafe, office space, cycle parking, and public realm improvements.

Following the submission of a planning application in March 2018, this was altered and resubmitted in November 2018.

The plans for the base of the tower include a series of raking columns at the two Northern corners facing London Bridge. This arrangement provides the base with a minimised footprint but also announces the main building entrance.

The development forms part of the wider St.Thomas Street East design framework which incorporates developments by Greystar, Columbia Threadneedle (Edge), CIT and Sellar.

At level 2 there are plans for a gym and fitness studio, whilst level 37 contains an external terrace for use as flexible event space along with a private lounge and cafe area for students. On levels 38 and 39 the space includes a group cooking area, private dining kitchens, study space, cinema room, lounge and workspace hub.

The facade includes a three dimensional origami patterns which offers the opportunity to introduce colour into the main facade by colouring the inset triangular panels. The glazing covers 57% of the area with the remaining 43% being solid.


As soon as a planning decision is made, we'll provide an update.

MAKE A GENERAL ENQUIRY

For any enquiries, questions or advice, please call, email or leave us a message below to contact you.

CONTACT DETAILS

© 2020 By Chelsea Construction Consultancy

OPENING TIMES

Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM

Sat 9:00AM-5:00pm

Sun 10:00AM-4:00PM

Privacy Policy

JLM Logo.png

Website Management by